Sunday, April 25, 2010

Over-contemplation

Sometimes I ask myself why I'm so weak, sometimes I wonder why I can't be strong

Sometimes I look at others and think 'Why isn't that me?'
I look at the rich and I envy their wealth
I look at the poor and I envy their sympathy
I look at the blissful and I envy their happiness
and the list just goes on..
But we're never content

We're never content with all that we have cause we always look at our flaws and fail to recognize everything else that's great about us. Everyone else that's great around us.

When I was little I wasn't afraid to die. Because I had no responsibilities.
Then I grew a little older and I thought 'I can't die.. I haven't tried so many things. I haven't gotten married, had children, grown old and see my children get married'
But now I don't think of that anymore. Because I think I'd know how all of that feels.

We always see in the movies that people not cherished are always lost. This may or may not be true, but I hope nobody regrets when the ones they realize are to be cherished are already lost.

Would life be any different if we always remember that these people we cherish will be gone someday?
My mom yells at me and I usually just shrug it off. Sometimes I yell back. Sometimes I just hide and cry.
But what if she wouldn't yell at me anymore?
Would I do things any different?

Sometimes I don't even know

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home